COMPLEX CIVIL LITIGATION
Representing companies and individuals in big-stakes and bet-the-company business disputes is at the heart of our practice.
We have extensive experience representing clients in a variety of civil matters in federal and state courts throughout the country, including matters involving fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, trade secret misappropriation, and shareholder and employment disputes.
COMPLEX CONTRACT DISPUTES
We get to know our client’s business inside and out and work closely with clients to understand their goals and resolve contract disputes effectively and efficiently. Our recent cases include:
- Successfully defending a public REIT in litigation involving a guaranty provided as part of a commercial mortgage-backed securities loan transaction
- Winning at trial for a Chicago trading firm in a complex contract dispute with a former member
- Prevailing in a multi-million-dollar contract suit brought against our client, a nationwide beverage manufacturer, by one of its suppliers
- Successfully defending a private equity firm in disputes over alleged misrepresentations in connection with the sale of a portfolio company and obtaining a substantial settlement on its counterclaim
- Defending another private equity firm in connection with a working capital adjustment dispute in a $14.5 million acquisition of a manufacturing company
- Winning dismissal of a complaint for breach of contract and fraud brought against a Nigerian company
- Winning dismissal of complaint brought by telecommunications provider against hotel operator
- Representing an IT consulting and services firm in a dispute involving software development services provided by a company in the Republic of Moldova
- Enforcing a real estate owner’s property rights in a dispute with billboard giant Clear Channel Outdoor