COMPLEX CIVIL LITIGATION
Representing companies and individuals in big-stakes and bet-the-company business disputes is at the heart of our practice.
We have extensive experience representing clients in a variety of civil matters in federal and state courts throughout the country, including matters involving fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, trade secret misappropriation, and shareholder and employment disputes.
EMPLOYMENT AND TRADE SECRET DISPUTES
We have extensive experience representing both employees and employers in a wide variety of employment disputes. Representative cases include:
- Obtaining a TRO and injunction on behalf of a high-frequency trading firm against a former trader who violated his non-compete agreement
- Successfully defending a high-frequency trader against a $1 billion claim for misappropriation of trade secrets
- Advising a private equity company in disputes with former employees involving violations of non-competition and non-solicit agreement, breach of fiduciary duty, and violations of Computer Fraud and Abuse Act
- Defeating an employment-related defamation claim brought against a hedge fund by a former executive
- Defending investment management firm and its president in claims brought against them by former employee under the Illinois Wage Payment and Collection Act
- Defending sales representative in claims brought by former employer for violations of non-compete and non-solicit agreements and pursuing claims against former employer for unpaid sales commissions
- Representing terminated physician in age discrimination and retaliation claims against hospital and negotiating successful settlement for client
- Successfully defending Fortune 50 company in two administrative hearings before the Illinois Human Rights Commission involving claims of sexual harassment and race discrimination
- Defending Fortune 50 company at jury trial of gender discrimination and retaliation claims